This location may be closed, operating with restrictions or opening soon. Learn more.
Please let us know if this location is open.

Defeated Creek

Reservations yes

Elevation 492 ft / 149 m

Q&A - Ask the Community about Defeated Creek

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Defeated Creek

Reviews of Defeated Creek 2 people have reviewed this location.

Last reported 10/30/2019
Last reported 9/10/2019
T-Mobile 4G/LTE
Last reported 9/10/2019
“Beautiful Campground, no cell service for me”

Reviewed 10/30/2019

Price reflects senior pass discount. I would absolutely camp here again, if I didn’t need reliable cell phone service. Since I do, we likely won’t be back. The campground is surrounded on all sides by a lake. Site 117 only has a distant view of the lake, but it’s shady and well spaced from other sites and quite large. The grounds are very well maintained and while the restrooms are dated, they did appear clean. We’re leaving early because I need to work and can’t find a good place to do that nearby. If you are ok with being off grid or have a booster, this may work for you. Verizon has 1 bar of LTE, but it’s unreliable with periods of no service. I’ve got no service at all with AT&T.

AT&T

Thumb sketch 1548405825070
NC Native
Gulf Stream Visa Dodge Cummins
“Really great CG”

Reviewed 9/10/2019

My wife found this camp ground while looking for someplace to go for our Anniversary. When I looked at google it is rated very high and we decided to go here instead of Cades Cove due to fear of being HOT and traveling with 2 dogs. Upon arrival, we were meet with 10 deer standing near the entrance eating, paying no attention to my truck. After we had got setup and cooked dinner, those same deer decided to come close to our camp site while grazing. While taking a walk around the CG we noticed that most of the site have room and arent crowded like an RV park, with a few spots that back a field like ours did. We had a site with water and electric.

This CG is on a peninsula with many sites on the water and others more towards the center with plenty of trees and some fields. Bathrooms are dated, but are cleaned every morning and the grounds are kept up daily as well. I believe there is a restaurant on site and there is a marina with a boat lunch in the campground as well. Dumpsters are in multiple spots hidden behind a fence. There is 1 hiking trail that is 5 miles ling ending at a lookout on top of a mountain and 1 long biking trail, neither of which looked heavily traveled. They also hold a church service on Sundays.

NOTE: There is no hose at the dump station to allow you to rinse the black tank out. T-Mobile gets signal, but only at the entrance and east side of the peninsula.

T-Mobile 4G/LTE

NC Native would stay here again

Thumb sketch 1548405825070
NC Native
Gulf Stream Visa Dodge Cummins

noted 9/11/2019

Be the first to add a video for Defeated Creek!

Have you written a blog post about Defeated Creek?

• boat ramp