Question about Datil Well Campground

As The RV Rolls

As The RV Rolls asked on 2/27/2023

Can I get a 41 foot motorhome into this campground?

Answered on 5/21/2023:

There are a couple of longer back in sites, as well as one long pull through at the end of the loop that would fit your MH.
camper-768067
camper-768067
AZ
20' Thor Motor Coach Tranquility

Answered on 2/28/2023:

There were about 4 pull through sites when we visited. Also, a few of the back in sites looked pretty long. Sorry, I can't get more detailed than that. We camped in a camper van, so I didn't pay too much attention regarding this! The BLM site for the campground talks about some work being done to upgrade/refurbish it and I think it looked like they were mostly done. The vault toilets are nice with motion controlled lighting at night.
Desert Fox
Desert Fox
Mesa, AZ
35' Winnebago Vectra Grand Tour

Answered on 2/28/2023:

The spots available are not spacious nor highly maneuverable. You'll also find that many will give you problems leveling. My 35' MH had a few spots that were fine, but most of them had a 20' trailer setting in them. :-) It is a nice little campground, and when I was there a few years ago, the hosts were wonderful!
c logan
c logan
NM
27' Winnebago Minnie Winnie

Answered on 2/28/2023:

I would say yes. We were in there when we had a 31' but now we drive a 27' with a toad. The larger, pull through sites are at the end of the one-way loop. There has been a lot of construction and improvements to the campground in the past year so I think clearance will be a problem. (I was last there in October 2022)
Those Young Guys
Those Young Guys
Cave Creek, AZ
31' Dynamax Corp Isata5 28SS

Answered on 2/28/2023:

Sure no problem. BUT you may not find a site big enough. A fabulous self-register campground with great sites with lots of site privacy. The campground is just off the main highway by less than 1/2 mile and is one loop of sites. The largest sites are the higher numbers and offer electricity but the electricity wasn’t on when we were there. The price is same regardless of the site. The campground is first come first serve and sits at around 7,400 feet so it can be cold even in the spring. We had temperatures below freezing at night when we camped there but beautiful sunny days.
Zamia Ventures
Zamia Ventures
Saint George Island, FL
25' Airstream Flying Cloud
Ford F150

Answered on 2/28/2023:

The access is decent and there are a number of spots large enough for a rig that size, including some pull through. The only potential issue is that it's first come, first serve to snag a site. When we visited it was not busy at all.
John T
John T
21' Coachmen Viking 21RD

Answered on 2/28/2023:

Yes. Good entrance road, good internal roads and long sites.
msroads
msroads
Jackson, MS
22' Roadtrek 2011

Answered on 2/28/2023:

I think so. The road through the campground is narrow and twisty, but if your careful you should be fine as long as there's a space available. We're 28' and there were several spots big enough for us with room to spare. You might try using the satellite view on Google maps for reassurance.