Curren #1

Modoc National Forest

Lava Beds National Monument Rd.
Tulelake, CA 96134

Thumb us avatar
Van-Tramp
Longmont, CO
27 Airstream International
“Too small for anything but a car or van”

Reviewed Oct 31, 2016

Fine enough spot, just too small to get into with a trailer or large vehicle. Just down the road is another spot large enough, so still worth coming out here if you are going to Lava Beds NM

SubaruVagabond

Subaru Outback

SubaruVagabond would stay here again

“Enjoyable spot near Lava Beds”

Reviewed Aug 22, 2015

If I didn't have plans elsewhere, I would have stayed longer, but it provided a great boondocking spot for a night. It is definitely on my list of places to return to if I stop through again!

Verizon was 2-3 bars LTE, and the site was clean. A good amount of pine needles and other prickly things on the ground, but only enough to bother if you like going sock footed as I do; not enough to give it any bad in my book, though.

It was pretty easy to get to, and made for a comfortable spot, minus the August heat in the area. Also very quiet and secluded for the one night I experienced. It's close to the edge of the pine forest (I am not that well versed on the kind of trees right there, so forgive me if I am wrong saying pine!) making up most of Modoc NF and the sage brush making up most of Lava Beds NM, but there is enough of the pine trees to make good shade here. Also had enough sun to give a charge to my solar panels in the morning.

This is an awesome spot if you want to spend time in Lava Beds, being less than 10 miles from the visitor center, which is a little ways into the Monument. I took off pretty early after breakfast and such, and had lots of time to explore the area, because it was so close!

about Curren #1?

Indian well campground
Indian Well Campground
National Park
Tulelake, California
Hawks nest tionesta rv cabins
Hawk's Nest Tionesta RV & Cabins