• Reviews

Elevation 5,741 ft / 1,749 m

Max Stay 14

Q&A - Ask the Community about Crystal Springs Campground

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Crystal Springs Campground

Reviews of Crystal Springs Campground 1 person has reviewed this location.

Last reported 8/1/2018
“Roomy campsite with limited restroom access”

Reviewed 8/1/2018

Site Number: E

Let me begin this review by stating that I would and will definitely be staying at this campsite every summer from this point on. It’s a charming site with a lot more pros than cons. As a disclaimer, there are two sections of this campsite, my group and I stayed at the lower mid-sized groupsite as opposed to the upper smaller individual campsite.

PROS: The mid-sized groupsites accomodate 15 guests and 3-4 cars. There’s a discrepancy there, because I’ve read on two separate websites (both official camp pages) that the vehicle limit is either 3 or 4. That being said, we comfortably kept 5 cars parked without any ranger advising us otherwise. Multiple groups did the same without being reprimanded. Like I said, plenty of room to accommodate cars and tents alike. There are also 2 large bear boxes that fit all of our food and equipment without incident and potable water, including flush toilets. Plenty of shade due to the giant sequoias. 3 picnic tables and an average size fire pit that included the standard grill grate. The campsite is adjacent to Grant Grove Village and the King’s Canyon Visitor Center but not too close where you suffer from noisy traffic. A short drive away are Grant Grove and Panoramic Point (in opposite directions). Lastly, cell reception was terrific (Verizon, to be specific)!

CONS: This may be a dealbreaker to some, but while there are flush toilets and potable water available, there are a total of TWO toilets for the ENTIRE campsite! While there never was much of a line build up with a packed campground, I did have to wait for at least one person every time I visited the restroom (waiting times varied from less than 1 minute to 20 minutes). Additionally, there are no showers on site (although that wasn’t a dealbreaker for our cohort, but it might be for yours) but there are some in the nearby lodge.

Other than the extremely limited toilet situation, this campsite was more than sufficient and I look forward to camping here every Summer!

Itsonlyadam would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Crystal Springs Campground!

Be the first to add a video for Crystal Springs Campground!

Thumb 12491982 1800532490174089 7531142632908142997 o
We're the Russos
29' Newmar Bay Star 2903 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Kings Canyon National Park - Camping Near The General Grant Tree

Kings Canyon National Park in southern Sierra Nevada is home to some of the world’s largest trees. It’s difficult to comprehend the size of Th...

• group sites
  • ADA Accessible
  • recycle
Artboard Created with Sketch.

Azalea Campground

Cherry Gap Camping Area

Birds wake us

- Plstype

Eshom Campground

I am the camphost for eshom campground

- camphost steve