Cove Lake State Park

4130-4168 Veterans Memorial Highway
Caryville, TN 37714
423-566-9701

Max Length: 45 ft

DoggoneRV would stay here again

“Fantastic Park”

Reviewed Aug 14, 2017

We stayed here on the way to and from MI - NC. The park was clean and well cared for with trash cans close by nearly every site. I don't think more than hour went by that the park staff didn't drive by on the way to clean something or otherwise maintain the park.

Most of the sites were well spaced and easily accessible. The only reason I didn't give five stars for site quality is because we unfortunately picked two of the worst sites.

The first night our site had a culvert close to the site which made it tough to back in. Being newbies we finally had to give up and ask for a different site. Fortunately, they were very helpful and let us switch.

The second visit our site was on what appeared to be a pull through but was actually three separate sites on a small side loop. The entrance to the site was totally facing the wrong way considering the direction of the one way road. Additionally, the water was on the opposite side of the trailer for the electric.

We solved this by driving the wrong way on the access road and backing in. And fortunately I had enough water hose to be able to reach by running it under my trailer. Again we were fortunate that the park wasn't packed and it wasn't an issue.

Walking around the park and looking at the other sites I would definitely come back, I would just be more care about which sites I would use. All of the site seemed fairly level for our 30' TT.

Thumb img 0274 small
Flyin' the Coop: Cove Lake State Park

The opinions expressed below are our own.  We received no compensation for the review. Click on a picture to get larger views. Cove Lake State Park is located approximately 30 miles north of Knoxv...

Mountain Lake Marina & Campground
Rocky Top, Tennessee
Norris dam state park west
Norris Dam State Park West
Rocky Top, Tennessee
Norris dam state park east
Norris Dam State Park East