Copake Falls Campground

Thumb channelicon 100
OllieAndMango

33 Keystone Montana 2955RL
2011 Dodge Ram 3500

OllieAndMango would stay here again

“Pretty campground in the woods”

Reviewed Jun 26, 2018

Copake Falls Campground is nestled in the woods along the NY/CT/MA borders. It was a very pretty campground -- filled with trees but still has open areas for sun and games.

It was a tight fit for a 30' fifth wheel. We were in site 71, and it took a couple really tight turns to get positioned. The spot was on a bit of a slope - it took 3 stacked leveling blocks to even out - but the real problem was that the spot for the truck was sloped even more. It probably would have been fine under dry conditions, but it rained all weekend for us, so when we tried to hook up, the truck kept sliding in the mud. It was really difficult to get the truck lined up with the hitch and connected. We were in the first RV site I saw, and I think it would have been tough to make it into any of the others. I think they have a 30' max length, but it's probably best for campers that are a bit shorter than that.

We did have a water hookup. It was shared between 3 sites, but we put a Y valve on and everyone was able to get what they needed. The site was partially shaded, so we got sun in the afternoon but not the morning. If you had a smaller rig, you could probably park further from the trees and get more sun (if you have solar and want it, anyway). The other RV sites appeared to be pretty much completely shaded.

They do pack the tent sites in pretty tightly. On Friday morning and Monday afternoon, the place was pretty empty, but it filled up on the weekend, and it was a bit noisy. It didn't bother us much, but if you're sensitive to that, it's something to consider. If you're planning to camp in a tent, I'd recommend a platform site. The whole campground seemed to be on a bit of a slope, and the platforms were the nicest I've ever seen.

The swimming lake looked pretty nice, and they had a kid's area, too. We didn't use it, though. They had a large day-use area that would be nice for games and such, and they had a raptors and reptiles demonstration on the weekend that was really cool. We did the Bash Bish falls hike. It was pretty easy - the trail was wide and well maintained. The falls were beautiful. There is also a rail trail for biking/running right at the entrance to the park. It was very pretty, especially later in the day when the sun comes through some openings in the trees.

If I were camping in a tent, I would come back here. It was a nice campground with good platform sites, and the facilities weren't bad. I wouldn't come back with the 5th wheel simply due to the difficulty of getting in.

T-Mobile 3G

Thumb dscn2445
Kim
PA
23 Ford E350

Reviewed Jun 21, 2018

I wouldn't bother staying here again unless I was traveling through and need a place to stay for the night. Stayed in RV in the Pet Loop. No electric sites in this park. The site was large, but very uneven. It took forever to level out the rig. Only one shower house and that was on the other side of the campground and it was in desperate need of an upgrade. I was there off season with only one other camper in the whole park (who was blasting music). Hiking trails I was on could have used some trail work.

about Copake Falls Campground?

• cabins