Question about Cheyenne Mountain State Park

Janice asked on 2/20/2021

Is Cheyenne Mountain State Park too windy for tent camping?

Revdocpam
FL
17' Forest River Viking
Ford F150

Answered on 2/24/2021:

It wasn’t when we were there last July. An amazing place to camp- maybe our most favorite after having stayed at 100’s of others!
Next stop....
AZ
24' Riverside Retro 189 R
Ford Supercrew 5.5

Answered on 2/23/2021:

Hi Janice. I hope this isn't too late. My recollection is that there was no major wind. Winds are something I do not care for if they are sustained and relatively strong. It has been 3-1/2 years since I was there. Also, it was in July so the weather is obviously colder now, but I do not know if the wind patterns change. Good luck and enjoy your travels.
JanaD
Reno, NV
19' Nucamp [email protected] 400 Boondocks Lite
Jeep Cherokee Trailhaek

Answered on 2/22/2021:

Our site was very secluded in a little cove. Not windy at all. Beautiful campsite. We were in site 61 in The Meadows which is an RV site with hookups but you can maybe tell how the area is set up.
Dirt Roads & Sunsets
GA
19' Intech Sol
Toyota FJ Cruiser

Answered on 2/20/2021:

We were only at the park for one night. Very little wind the evening we were there. However the site we were at had bushes and trees on three sides. very nice state park . Good luck!
Dennis F
IL
25' Outdoors RV 22FQS
Ram 1500

Answered on 2/20/2021:

There are sites that are somewhat protected from the wind but most are not. I do not think it is a place for an old-style wall ten but a dome style should be OK

Answered on 2/20/2021:

No. Tent sites are nestled in between large rocks and trees.
LunaTreksy.N
CA
30' Travel Trailer
4x4 pickup

Answered on 2/20/2021:

Sometimes it is very windy. But when we were there it was not very windy.
obrienware
Divide, CO
32' Forest River 2702SS
Ford Expedition

Answered on 2/20/2021:

Nope, not at all. Wasn't windy in the least when we camped there. The weather is fair most of the year.
JRK
TX
26' Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
Ram 1500

Answered on 2/20/2021:

It wasn’t when we were there in August.