Cherry Gap Camping Area

559-338-2251
559-784-1500

Pad Type: dirt
Max Stay: 14

Accessibility is not guaranteed, always scout ahead before driving down dirt roads.
Learn more: Boondocking 101

Site Number: None

Plstype would stay here again

“Birds wake us”

Reviewed Jun 06, 2018

Quiet sites nestled in the trees along a lumber road. The drive into the sites is along the mountain ridge and the road is narrow but rather smooth. We made sure when we left that no one was coming in. That could pose a real problem with one or the other having to back up.

SubaruVagabond

Subaru Outback

SubaruVagabond would stay here again

“Great, Clean Site for Kings Canyon”

Reviewed Aug 02, 2015

If only I had good Verizon signal here, I would have stayed well more than one single night! It's a beautiful little spot with amazing access to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Unless there's some hidden route to this, however, the only way to get here is to pay admission to one of those parks, as it is almost within Kings Canyon.

I only noticed one true site here while I was there, which had a table and fire ring. I picked up a few napkins lying on the ground, but the area was otherwise very clean. It is a dirt road in, but really isn't too bad; a bit too narrow for two vehicles going opposite directions, but otherwise not bad at all.

As for the cell service: I was able to get 1 bar of Verizon LTE for maybe one minute at a time. This would always either drop to 1 or 2 bars of 3G for maybe one more minute, if I was very lucky at that moment. I did get consistent voice service, so I was able to make a couple of phone calls, which were clear and didn't drop. My cell booster didn't seem to do much of anything at this spot. On a side note about that: the Kings Canyon Visitor Center is just down the road, and I got good Verizon signal there, so that is a potential option to prolong a stay at this beautiful spot!

about Cherry Gap Camping Area?

• Dispersed Camping

Crystal Springs Campground
Azalea campground
Azalea Campground
Hume, California
Sunset campground kings canyon np
Sunset Campground