Charlotte-Fort Mill KOA

940 Gold Hill Rd.
Fort Mill, SC 29708
803-548-1148

“Accomplished what we set out to do but wasn't ideal.”

Reviewed Jul 05, 2017

First, let me start out by saying we are new to RVing and this was our first experience with a KOA. Until recently we always car camped at a state or national park.

But since we recently got a new trailer we decided to give a practice run and to determine if we might be able to work part time from the road. In these respects the Ft. Mill KOA did what we were trying to accomplish.

However, since we weren't hauling a trailer full of kids the pool while a nice perk was largely wasted on us. Which gets me into what I didn't like about our experience. At twice the price and half the space for what you get in a state or national park I was disappointed with the facilities.

Our site required us to raise one side of the trailer approximately 4" to get roughly level. The water pressure started off weak and actually cut off entirely for several hours for the whole campground and was still very weak when it did come back on. The dumpsters were overflowing by the third day and one of the two bath houses was closed "for renovations". The Wi-Fi didn't have any security and was a little slow.

I will say the one bath house that was open was quite clean which was nice. Additionally, the staff was friendly and helpful with any questions we had.

Maybe it's just my lack of experience with KOA's in general but it felt more like a parking lot than a campground. There wasn't a fire ring, picnic table for each site or enough room to setup a hammock so I doubt I will be using KOA much in the future if this is the norm.

Thumb image
Bob & Kat

38 Cougar RES327
2012 Dodge Ram 2500
“Ok for a few days. ”

Reviewed May 31, 2016

We we're in town to visit family and it was Memorial Day Weekend with NASCAR too so we were happy to get something. Fairly typical of KOA's so some amenities like pool and playground but pretty packed in together. Surprised how quiet it was at night with all the people. Bathrooms were clean and there's laundry. You can walk to groceries. There's also a gas station and cafe. Free wi-fi for what it's worth!
Nightly rate was with KOA discount on weekday.

about Charlotte-Fort Mill KOA?

• swimming pool: onsite

Ebenezer Park
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Fieldridge Acres
Charlotte, North Carolina
Elmore mobile home and rv park
Elmore Mobile Home and RV Park