Cedar Breaks

McKinney, TX
36 Crossroads Sunset Trail Reserve 32RL
2016 Ford F250

Bob Barker RV Guy would stay here again

“About What I Expected After Visiting Jimm Hogg”

Reviewed Aug 11, 2017

We spent one night here on our journey through the Texas Hill Country. Having stayed at Jimm Hogg Park on the other side of the lake I sort of new what to expect.
The roads are tight, pads are very sloped and the lake is hard to get to.
I enjoyed the foliage but was unable to really enjoy the lake due to my mobility issues.
If you have a boat this is a really great park if not it is kind of boring.
I have posted a video about my visit and it can be found under the Blogs tab above.

Sprint 4G

Technomadia

35 GM 4106 (1961 Bus Conversion)
2009 Mini Cooper
“Nothing Special”

Reviewed Apr 17, 2015

We had to be in Georgetown for some work on our RV in the morning, so picked this lakefront campground to stay at. We honestly didn't find too much special about it.

Yes, there are sites right along the lake you snag.. and they do have pretty views and are spacious. And within the park there are some non-lake view sites that are pretty secluded. But most of the sites are right next to each other (with decent separation) and don't offer too much.

On top of that, many of the sites are on a slope and are very unlevel. Nothing on Recreation.Gov mentions this. The lake view site we reserved would have been impossible for anything over 25' to level in (site #37, for the record).. and all that was left was to move us to the back of the park into a non-view site.

If you need to be in the area, we hear better things about Jim Hogg park across the lake - we would have gone there, but it would have added 10+ miles to our early morning departure.

At $26/night, we found this park overpriced for a Corp of Engineers park with just W&E. But, it was close to the shop we needed to visit in the morning, so did the trick.

AT&T 4G

RV Scooter Mobility! Cedar Breaks Campground Tour Georgetown Texas

RV Scooter Mobility tour of Cedar Breaks Campground. In June of 2017 we spent one night RV camping in Cedar Breaks Park on lake Georgetown Texas. Of course I had to break our my high speed RV Scooter m...

Cedar Breaks - Lake Georgetown, TX | The Journey Begins! June 2017 RV Trip

We spent 12 exciting days traveling and camping in June of 2017! we started our trip with a visit to Cedar Breaks Park on Lake Georgetown Texas. Cedar Breaks Park is a truly beautiful and relaxing plac...

Jim hogg park