Cartersville KOA

San Luis Obispo, CA
32 Keystone Sprinter
2013 Ford F350
Site Number: A4
“Be prepared to be kept awake all night.”

Reviewed Oct 15, 2018

VERY IMPORTANT CAMPGROUND STATUS: As of 3:30am on October 15, 2018. There is MAJOR construction on the property right next to this KOA and less than 200 feet from our specific campsite. We arrived on the weekend and I observed the sprawling construction site while we were pulling in to the campground. We were booked here for a four night stay. I made a note to myself that I was going to see when and to what level of intrusion the construction would begin and if it was hopefully only going to during the weekday daylight hours. I was sorely mistaken. It's currently late Sunday night/very early Monday morning, as of my writing this review. Cement trucks and other large machinery are rumbling and making excessively loud noise throughout the middle of the night. I was awakened shortly after midnight to the banging, rumbling, crashing noises of metal beams or pallets being offloaded, ringing bells of trucks backing up and other various consistently, jarringly loud noises related to a massive construction site. There is a major complex/warehouse of some sort being built directly next to this campground, and they are only at the beginning phase of laying concrete for the foundation. Why they are working on this in the middle of the night mystifies me. Of course, the campground has no control over this, and there is nothing they can do. However, I want to let all future campers know that this is a factor before they arrive or book here and that I cannot sleep through this noise, even with silicone earplugs in my ears. I'm booked here for another two nights but I'm going to see about leaving early, today hopefully, and moving on to our next location because I have a feeling that the construction schedule will remain the same for evening work.

about Cartersville KOA?

Upper stamp creek campground
Upper Stamp Creek Campground
Army Corps Of Engineers
White, Georgia
Red top mountain state park
Red Top Mountain State Park