Camping World

Overview of Camping World

Elevation 0 ft / 0 m

View Map

Supporter Subscription

Become a Campendium Supporter and enjoy ad-free browsing plus bonus features!

• Cell Coverage Maps
  • Public Land Overlays
  • Trail Map Layers
  • Ad Free

Unlock Features

$20 Billed Annually

Q&A - Ask the Community about Camping World

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Camping World

Reviews of Camping World 2 people have reviewed this location.

Snowmads
Knoxville, TN
21' Coachmen Crossfit / Beyond
“One of the most frustrating dump stations ever - at least it was open 24 hrs and free?”

Reviewed 1/6/2021

Price: FREE!

You get what you pay for sometimes with dump stations. This was one of them. It's totally free - no Good Sam membership check required. Located outside their gates, near the street in the sales lot right across from the propane tank. You could come use this 24/7, since it's not locked up at night.

Their dump had a PVC pipe coming straight up out of the ground about 6 inches, then going into a bend at about a 45 degree angle, ending in a glued-on lug fitting that required the barbed fitting end of a sewer hose to attach to it to make a secure seal.

They had a double-bayonet-ended hose there to use that looked like it had been run over many times and didn't even lock on securely to the fitting, so in the interest of not being covered in sewage spray, I skipped that option.

My Rhino sewer hose has a bayonet on one end and a lug receiver on the other, like most. My RV needs the bayonet end, and I usually attach it to an elbow into a rubber gasket in the ground. None of my usual push fittings or elbows could form a seal or even stay in place, with this pipe being at a 45 degree angle. It's so far out of the ground you couldn't just put something on it as a weight, either. I ended up buying a barbed-to-straight adapter in the store that I was able to shove into the dump receiver enough to make a mostly-tight seal, held in place with my foot while pulling my valves. Not ideal.

One of the employees also came over and watched me doing this, which is probably my least favorite RV experience, followed closely by having spectators or self-appointed assistants while I back into a campsite. I also had to lift my hose repeatedly and help it drain because their pipe was too high out of the ground for gravity alone to do it.

As other reviewer said, no water there for rinsing your sewer hoses or flushing a tank, no fresh water fill. I'd stop here in an emergency, but otherwise pay a few bucks at a gas station and save yourself a lot of aggravation!

“Don’t bother”

Reviewed 12/29/2020

Price: FREE!

This is the worst dump station I have ever been to. There is no water to flush your tank or rinse your waist hose. The area round the dump is disgusting

1 review not included in the overall rating

Be the first to add a note for Camping World!

• propane

Cracker Barrel

Very Nice CB

- The Russell’s

Biltmore RV Park

No amenities, loud traffic noise for the price.

- Jim

Red Gate Campground & RV Resort

Wonderful location- limited facilities

- RVEntropy- Rachel G Howard

Savannah Oaks RV Resort

Flooded, never called and told us not worry

- Jason