Caesar Creek State Park

Thumb alan glasses
AlanMcD
OH
Airstream 26U

AlanMcD would stay here again

“Good Park. Not Much In The Area.”

Reviewed Nov 14, 2015

We have been to this campground a lot but not recently. We got turned off a while back by the new staff and the management. Prior to being disappointed by them we liked that the parks' sites were pretty spacious and usually pretty peaceful. There is no shade, or very little, most sites are wide open. Lot's of skunks and raccoons will visit you by the campfire, that comment is neither good or bad, just a fact. The nearest attractions in the area are the very large and popular Caesar Creek flea market and the annual Renaissance Fair every Fall. The town of Wilmington isn't too terribly far away. The camp store is small. The lake is great with a public boat launch and swimming area & beach. Phone reception (Verizon android) as I recall was poor. There are 4 sites with nice wooden shelter structures right at the campsites and those sites are nice if you think there will be rain.

Marshall
Livingston, TX
24 Lance 1995
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
“Meh. It is a Ohio state park that doesn't have much to offer.”

Reviewed Apr 12, 2015

The only reason why I stayed at Caesar Creek State Park is that I wanted a semi-close place to stay while I checked out the USAF Museum in Dayton (highly recommended, by the way). So I stayed here. Otherwise I wouldn’t have.

I am not the biggest fan of the Midwest and I haven’t been blown away by any of the parks I have stayed at. Yes, there are some great state parks in the Midwest - I just haven’t been to any.

Caesar Creek State Park sites are wide open with nothing between you and your neighbor. Spacing is fine, but privacy is limited when there are no trees, etc, between you and the annoying weekenders looking to party.

I would recommend this state park only if you needed a place to stay in the area. Not much else to say…

about Caesar Creek State Park?

Frontier campground ohio