Cabezon Road

BLM

Cabezon Road
Zia Pueblo, NM
505-761-8700

Accessibility is not guaranteed, always scout ahead before driving down dirt roads.
Learn more: Boondocking 101

Verizon
“Jeep, truck, high clearance vehicle ONLY in DRY weather”

Reviewed Sep 22, 2018

I scouted this road with my tow car today, to see if I wanted to bring the 38 foot diesel pusher out there. I could have made the road easier in the RV than I did in the car (Pontiac Sunfire). The road is very well signed going through the Zia Pueblo land to get the the BLM land. Unfortunately I had had enough rattling to my kidneys and car after 3.1 miles of the 6 miles to go to the site. And this was 3.1 miles each way at 10-15 miles per hour. If you aren't avoiding crevasses from rain washouts you are listening to your car suspension on the verge of break a tie rod on washboard surface. There are at least 3 low water areas, one VERY sandy that would be impassable in rain and some parts of the road have been baked to a hard clay that liquifies to a greasy mess when the rainy season hits. The prospect of something breaking from the beatdown the road was doing to my car, and, being in/out of cell signal finally impressed on me ' DON'T DO IT', so I turned around and crossed this OFF my boondock list until I get a truck or 4 wheel drive high clearance rig.

Verizon

Jemez Springs, New Mexico
Camp dummy
Paliza
Jemez Springs, New Mexico
Giant gas station enchanted hills rio rancho nm
Giant Gas Station