Blue Spruce RV Park

Sprint Voice Only

AF1284 would stay here again

“Great/Cheap Overnight Stay!”

Reviewed Dec 26, 2017

On our way to the Grand Canyon and we're tired so we stayed here for the night. We were winter car camping in our Pathfinder. I called and got an answer right away. The gentleman was super nice and allowed us to stay next to the bathrooms for quick access.

The bathrooms are heated so it was very welcoming. They are wheelchair accessible! They were super clean! The only problem is that the hot water was running out towards the end of my shower. The shower was used prior to me and also the men's shower was also being used. So I blame the excessive use. Besides, it's Super cold so hot water doesn't last when mixed with icy water.

We had no trouble with the electricity. We just hooked up an extension cord to a house heater.

Overall, the place is small but had no major issues. We would totally stay here again. Besides, who can beat the price, right!!!

AT&T Voice Only

Thumb 1926935 606505542753672 1849089407 n 420x420
Nathan @ Wand'rly

14 Volkswagen Bus, Champagne Edition, Riviera Campwagen
“Best $15 I ever spent (in Grants, NM anyway)...”

Reviewed Aug 03, 2015

There were signs for various parks in this part of New Mexico, all boasting $15 overnight stays. Tired of driving and curious as to the reality of the claims, we stopped over at the second one we found: Blue Spruce RV Park.

The claims were true, and in fact, we only had to pay $13.50 thanks to our Good Sam discount (though with taxes it got back up to $15.10). If we would’ve been two people instead of three deep, that number would’ve dropped to $12.15. Now I’ve heard claims of $10 private parks before, but thus far haven’t found one anywhere near anywhere near you’d want to be.

The old couple running the place were diligently watching Fox News and had accents of thick Southern hospitality, reminding me so much of my great-grandparents that I figured they must either be distant unknown cousins or perhaps my great-grandparents didn’t die at all, but simply ran away to a life less Pennsylvania.

The park itself is small, and it’s basically an RV parking lot, however there are plenty of trees on the perimeter of the place and it’s in a fairly remote location, so it doesn’t seem thick with the stink of having just been thrown into a parking lot. My favorite feature of the whole place, however, was the tiny grass park in the corner, complete with a covered picnic table and a single frolf hole. For those unfamiliar, frolf stands for frisbee golf, aka disc golf, and is basically a game for hippies where you throw a special disc through the woods, eventually attempting to get it into a metal basket. This is the only time I’ve ever seen them eliminate the course and just have a putting range though, and I have to say, I liked it.

For an overnight stay, I’d definitely recommend this place. But since the town across the highway was desolate, and the park itself really has nothing to do, I can’t see much of a reason to stay here any longer than that.

AT&T 3G
Sprint Voice Only

about Blue Spruce RV Park?

Discount Clubs: