Blanco State Park

GearheadGeek
TX
26 Airstream Flying Cloud 26U
2017 Ford F150 Lariat

GearheadGeek would stay here again

Reviewed Apr 22, 2017

A small state park right on the town of Blanco, straddling the Blanco River. Both full-hookup and water+electric RV sites as well as screen shelters. We were in one of the full-hookup sites with 50A power available, but just use 30A on our Airstream. The water+electric sites are $20/night. Of course if you don't have a State Park card, there's a day-use fee per person per day on top of the campsite fee...it's worth it to get the State Park card if you're going to use the parks much.

The park isn't large, but it's pretty and it's convenient to our home, it was a very easy and relaxing stay. The full-hookup sites mean that on longer stays you don't have to conserve space in the holding tanks, and park staff are friendly. The campground isn't far from US281, so you occasionally hear some noise from the highway if an emergency vehicle is going by or if a really loud motorcycle or truck is passing on the highway.

Good cell phone access on all 4 major carriers. No wifi to speak of, it seemed like there's wifi at the little office at the entrance, but that's across the river from the campground.

Sprint 4G/LTE
T-Mobile 4G/LTE

Thumb 1926935 606505542753672 1849089407 n 420x420
Nathan @ Wand'rly

14 Volkswagen Bus, Champagne Edition, Riviera Campwagen

Nathan @ Wand'rly would stay here again

“4 stars because it's a little "RV Park"”

Reviewed Feb 28, 2015

A neighboring camper greets me upon our arrival.

He is from Michigan, as are my children's maternal ancestors. We joke about the rain, the ice, the 25 degrees cooler on average the country--and this park--are at the moment.

"We got a monthly spot," he tells me, contrary to other park officials' information wherein the context of which led me to believe that one cannot stay in any state park, combined, for more than 14 days without leaving the entire park system for another two weeks. "For only $325 a month," he continues. "That's around $11 a day."

We cancel our plans for nearby Pedernales State Park in exchange for an additional 5 days here in Blanco, though the other park promises spectacularly better landscape. Good cell reception is the primary reason for this decision, and I promise myself to make it up with a hearty one night stand in Pedernales.

Tonight though, iced over in my van, I sit listening to the sound of a Texas rain reminding me that the bridge to the campground was inches from underwater. I pray to the Lone Star Flag that I brought enough beer to last the weather.

Thumb real home sense logo 512
Blanco State Park: A River Runs Through It | RealHomeSense

Rivers weave in and out of hills and rocks or they flow straight, the water slowly making its way past mud banks, forests, and communities. They sparkle in the sunlight while birds fly above and fish...

Blanco Settlement Cabins and RV Park
Miller Creek RV Resort
Johnson City, Texas
Cottonwood Creek RV Park
Dripping Springs, Texas
Roadrunner rv park johnson city tx
Roadrunner RV Park