Big Game Campground

Shoshone National Forest

1 Review
North Fork Hwy. Cody, WY 82414 307-527-6921 307-527-6241 Reservations: 877-444-6777 Official Website

• Reviews

Overview of Big Game Campground

Reservations yes

Open Seasonally June-Sept.

Elevation 5919 ft

Max Stay 16

Q&A - Ask the Community about Big Game Campground

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Big Game Campground

Reviews of Big Game Campground 1 person has reviewed this location.

Verizon
Last reported 6/9/2019
Thumb runner
MTgirl79
MT Toyota 4Runner
“beautiful area, tent campers welcome”

Reviewed 6/9/2019

Some of the campgrounds along Highway 20 do not allow tent campers due to high bear activity in the area but Big Game is one of the camps that are open to tent campers. Upon my arrival, I noticed a new-ish sign posted at the fee station stating that there were recent bear sightings in/near the camp. And the camp host stopped by shortly after I had settled into my site for the night to warn me about bears as well. I'm used to camping in bear country and take all precautions necessary to be as safe as I can be so I just brushed off the speech given to me by the camp host as a "but they tell everyone that no matter what" sort of thing. I set up my tent and decided to take a break by walking down to the river...where I had to step around not one but two very large and fresh piles of bear poo within about 30 yards of my campsite. So if someone tells you there are bears in the area I'd say you'd better believe them.
Most of the sites are quite large, double-wide gravel pads. Some sites are large enough to accommodate Class A's. There are brush and trees in the area so there is plenty of shade in most of the sites. There are garbage dumpsters in camp as well. The pit toilets are a little old and the lock on the ladies room wasn't working during my stay (thankfully it wasn't busy in camp). There is no water available on site but other camps further west do have water if you need it. Nothing available for firewood in the area so bring your own. The highway is quite busy during the day but traffic dies down at night so noise isn't too much of an issue. No cell service in camp but there is service at a roadside pullout about 4 miles to the east.

Verizon

MTgirl79 would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Big Game Campground!

Be the first to add a video for Big Game Campground!

Have you written a blog post about Big Game Campground?

Artboard Created with Sketch.

Wapiti campground