Question about Big Flat Designated Dispersed Camping

GreatPateAdventure asked on 10/14/2021

This says off-road vehicles on the post. We are trying to come in our 40ft Class A. Is 4x4 actually needed?

Answered on 3/26/2024:

this is a nice spot i've used several times visiting family in chambersburg/scotland pa. there are several large open hard dirt/gravel areas with no marked spots and no services at all. easy access in my airstream interstate 24'. off season it's quite- i think it could be crowded and noisy with atv's when warmer. it's in a nice wooded area east of caledonia state park and close to a trailhead to the AT. So, you would be fine in your class A.
DSquared
DSquared
QC, Canada
20'

Answered on 3/18/2023:

The parking lot is at the trailhead for an ATV trail. Most of the people parking there bring their ATV's on trailers. For camping purposes no ATV is required at all: the access is via a smooth dirt road. Just note that there is a bit of a slope to all parts of the parking area, so you will need to use some blocks to level out.

Answered on 10/15/2021:

I'm pretty sure you just park on the gravel or grass. There are ATV's that use these places so I think that's what they are referring to. We haven't camped at any yet but drove to the different ones.