• Reviews

Open Seasonally Yes

Elevation 393 ft / 119 m

Q&A - Ask the Community about Bearcamp River Campground

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Bearcamp River Campground

Reviews of Bearcamp River Campground 1 person has reviewed this location.

Last reported 8/11/2018
“Was great for a last minute camping trip but I prefer more privacy and less noise”

Reviewed 8/11/2018

Called up and was able to get a last minute reservation. Pluses were I got to choose the site I wanted out of the last 2 available. We had no check in requirement just the office closed at 9pm. The showers are free and the bathrooms are pretty darn clean considering it’s a camp ground. Now the negatives. My site was infested with ants. They were Everywhere. The fire pit has no grate on it so you need to bring a grill to cook. The fire pit wasn’t cleaned out from previous campers and there was even and old white cloth left balled up next to the pit. When quiet time started at 11pm the whole campground got louder. To the point there was someone with a guitar singing so loudly that it sounded like they had a mic and amplifier seriously. That went on until about 2 am. Come 6 am you could here people waking up and making noise all around. It is what it is for a last min reservation. We just wanted to camp and try out our new tent in a location that was nearby our daughter’s summer camp. It suited its purpose. For sure next time I will stick with state parks for more peace and quiet as well as privacy. I haven’t gone to the water or seen it yet so I can’t review on it but they said they have a beach.

Be the first to add a note for Bearcamp River Campground!

Be the first to add a video for Bearcamp River Campground!

Have you written a blog post about Bearcamp River Campground?

• basketball court