Bear Brook State Park

Reservations yes

Elevation 492 ft / 149 m

View Map

Supporter Subscription

Become a Campendium Supporter and enjoy ad-free browsing plus bonus features!

• Cell Coverage Maps
  • Public Land Overlays
  • Trail Map Layers
  • Ad Free

Unlock Features

$20 Billed Annually

Q&A - Ask the Community about Bear Brook State Park

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Bear Brook State Park

Reviews of Bear Brook State Park 2 people have reviewed this location.

Last reported 5/23/2015
“Some spaces are too TIGHT for RVs”

Reviewed 10/20/2020

Tent camping would be perfect here if you arrived early and could pick your site. Heck, RVing might be fine too. We have a 24’ long trailer. We were not fine. I had to reserve online beforehand as almost everywhere we’ve been lately (10/2020) has been booked up. So I selected one of the last three sites based on the photos and when we arrived in the pouring rain, we just couldn’t get parked. My partner figured the previous reviewer might’ve overstated the difficulty somewhat. They didn’t. There were a few sites that looked easy - site 30 for instance, but 22 & 96 were full of trees, low hanging branches and not worth it for us. We tried for a long time to get into 22, but it was sloped and leveling would’ve been a drag. Also tent camping with that much slope would’ve sucked too. Plenty of beautiful sites here, but too hard to pick one for an RV via photos online. Wish we’d listened to the previous reviewer.

The guy at the front was friendly and accommodating. The park was beautiful and heavily wooded. I wish it would’ve worked out. Also no cell service as stated. And the leaf buildup made the maneuvering in the site slippery and more difficult. Mostly I blame us and not the park. :-)

Verizon Voice Only

NealysOnWheels
35' Tiffin Allegro Red 34QFA
2010 Honda CRV
“Not for big RVs!”

Reviewed 5/23/2015

We stayed here because we were trying to visit a friend who lived in the area. Admittedly I didn't do a ton of research - I just saw that it was a state park that could accommodate 35-foot RVs, so we went. The road into the park is awful - it's paved but full of potholes and very, very bumpy. We were shaking and rolling the whole time - and it's about 8 miles before you get to the campground. There was no one at the office, but I had called earlier and they told us just to pick any spot that wasn't occupied. We found what looked like a great, huge site with a view of the lake. But we had a hell of a time backing into it. At one point we thought we had gotten stuck between two trees! It was very stressful. We did eventually get in, but then we were very worried about our ability to get out if the campground became more crowded, so we decided to find a different spot. We did find another spot that worked, but I would estimate there are only about 3-5 sites that could accommodate a larger RV. Also there were low hanging branches everywhere. I had to stand outside the RV and hold them to the side just so we could pass. And the mosquitoes were horrific - completely swarming us as soon as we stepped outside. Dry camping only. Poor cell signal. It was very quiet, but there were only about 5 other campers there. We would not stay here again. For tent camping it might be a different experience.

Be the first to add a note for Bear Brook State Park!

Be the first to add a video for Bear Brook State Park!

Have you written a blog post about Bear Brook State Park?

Epsom Valley Campground

Cute campground, super friendly owners & guests -- Great stay!

- Jeremy & Caity

Pawtuckaway State Park

So much to do! Great private site!

- Denise Buck