Aurora RV Park

Max Stay 14

Max Length 75 ft

Q&A - Ask the Community about Aurora RV Park

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Aurora RV Park

Reviews of Aurora RV Park 1 person has reviewed this location.

Last reported 3/26/2017
“Something odd is going on here....”

Reviewed 3/26/2017

We were traveling back to the NW from Southern CA and Clear Lake area fit well with our schedule. I found this place out on the Good Sam search and it got some recent good reviews saying the couple that bought the resort were actively working to renovate the whole place.

We chose a site that backs up to the lake with a gorgeous view. The weirdness starts here. There was only one other site occupied. Well, OK it's mid week and late March, so I wrote that off. As I looked around, more and more stuff did not add up. There were a multitude of partially started projects that abruptly ended, like flood debris was raked into many little piles with the rakes leaning against a tree. A very green fish tank was sitting in the communal picnic area by the lake outside with barely visible large, fancy fish inside. Sites were not swept clean and the recycling bins were full. The office was a mess and full of construction materials, but no sign of recent work. I went looking for the garbage bins, but was told the one for the lake side was taken away and was encouraged to throw our bag onto the growing pile by the office. We found a dumpster in the other section of the resort and it was piled several feet above the top. Also, the wifi name provided by the manager did not exist, nor did the password work when using a wifi name of the resort. The cable didn't work either and looked like it hadn't since February surmised by the error message received when trying to connect.

The weirdest, most unsettling,, issue for me about this place, was in spite of several "private property" signs, people were using the communal picnic area as a fishing spot. There is a community park with a boat launch just a few feet down the road. I figured they would go home when it got dark, but no.... Most of them left by 11:00 PM, but one guy stayed standing directly in front of our rig with his stuff on our site's picnic table until at least 1:45 - 3:30 (I was checking regularly). I was scared and we were tempted to leave, but too scared to leave our rig. I knew he was not a paying guest, as he drove there. A guest would have walked the short distance. The guy himself didn't really scare me, but the fact that anyone can just drive up and hang out in our site with absolutely no security scared me.

I will do a much better job at checking security before I spend the night at any future RV parks.

Be the first to add a note for Aurora RV Park!

Be the first to add a video for Aurora RV Park!

Have you written a blog post about Aurora RV Park?

Connectivity