Atwood Lake Park

JennGrover
Pittsburgh, PA
16 Little Guy T@b
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 3.6L

JennGrover would stay here again

“It's Just OK”

Reviewed Jun 02, 2015

I spent two nights at Atwood Lake at site 234 during the first weekend in May, 2015. This site is a corner site with full hook ups. I had decent Verizon signal while there (3-4 bars) but no TV reception with my inexpensive antenna.

It only takes a moment to realize that this campground is filled, almost entirely by permanent campers. These are almost all either big rigs or even regular residential type trailers. I found it difficult to find my loop, and since it was early season, there were no park staff personnel present to assist and no map. I had made my reservation via phone while en-route, so I did not have the luxury locating the site ahead of my arrival.

I chose Atwood for a few reasons. First, it was relatively close to the Pleasant Valley Factory, where I was picking up my T@b trailer after some warranty work. Second, it had full hook ups, making it easy to de-winterize. Lastly, I wanted to try the cellular connectivity to determine if I could work from my campsite at the Tearstock rally later this summer.

What I liked:

• Clean restrooms. I was probably the only one who used them. I did not use the showers.
• Pet friendly
• Friendly campers. It felt very safe.
• Lake view from my corner site
• Quiet - no loud campfires late at night.
• Price was very good for full hookup site.

What could have been better:

• Didn't feel like I was getting away from it all due to the trailer park feel and the close proximity to other campsites.
• It was not very user friendly for first time campers - no maps, instructions, etc.. This could have been due to the early season date.

Would I stay here again? Well, I am staying for the Tearstock rally in the group site, but I would stay here again, although this would not be my first choice.

about Atwood Lake Park?