Question about Atlatl Rock Campground

K&P asked on 1/27/2021

Today is January 27, 2021. Has anyone had any recent experience getting a spot there. We would be traveling with a Teardrop and we usually set up a tent off the hatch. We'd prefer hookups, but we are equipped to dry camp. What are the restrooms like?

Answered on 1/28/2021:

If you're okay with dry camping, I much prefer the Arch Rock CG -- just a few hundred yards down the road from Atlatl. Smaller, fewer rigs, and every site is a gem. There are some spectacular, tucked-in, sites for small rigs in the upper part of the Arch Rock CG. Plan on being there by noon, though. Clean restrooms, no showers, no electric. Beauty to spare.
S&S
CA
34' Carriage Cameo SB3
Dodge Ram 3500

Answered on 1/27/2021:

The restrooms are clean and showers are available too. Your best bet getting a spot is probably on a Sunday- Wednesday between 9 and noon, but we lucked out on a Wednesday at 2 pm a few weeks ago.
Bill
CA
17' Casita Travel Trailers Liberty Deluxe
Audi Q5

Answered on 1/27/2021:

We were there January 10-13. Restrooms are great, clean with nice hot showers. I’m pretty sure every site has water, only the ones in the RV loop have electric. There’s a double dump station at the entrance to the campgrounds. We arrived on a Sunday at almost 5 pm and got what may have been the last site in the RV loop, though we were prepared to boondock or go off site to the BLM area if needed.
pr_luna
Las Vegas, NV
13' Jayco Qwest 10B
Toyota 2020 4Runner OffRoad Premium

Answered on 1/27/2021:

Bathroom are great and clean. So are the separate shower areas. We were just there on December 19 and there were a couple sites left with electric and water hookups.

Answered on 1/27/2021:

I was there last week. It was pretty busy. There are some sites with hookups but they say for rvs only. I would recommend getting there early in day to get a spot. I did not use restrooms but saw the rangers around cleaning a lot.
JMBowen
Las Vegas, NV
26' Jayco Redhawk

Answered on 1/27/2021:

Weekends are hard to find spots, but there are walk up camping sites. Restrooms are clean and well kept.
Suza
Myrtle Point, OR
23' Oliver Legacy Elite II
Ford F-350

Answered on 1/27/2021:

If you get there just before checkout time, you're apt to catch someone leaving. Chances are also better during the week. Sometimes it's easier to find a vacancy in campgrounds that don't take reservations. There is another campground just up the road at Arch Rock, but I think Atlatl is nicer. Of course, our experience was in 2019 before the Covid insanity. I don't recall the restrooms, but I think I would have remembered if they weren't well kept.