Arrowhead Resort Campground

mstaudi
Chugiak, AK
32 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH Trailer
2017 Ram 2500 CTD

mstaudi would stay here again

“Needs major updates”

Reviewed Jun 20, 2018

I really agree with the other reviewer about this park. It's long past it's hay day. However, I really think it could be a great park with some major improvements.
I do agree that this place seems a bit like a trailer park due to all the people here with permanent trailers. I'd say like 65% of this place has permanent trailers, and a lot of those are in rough shape.
The bathrooms are all pretty rough. I saw like 8 giant dead beetles in the urinals, which probably means they don't get cleaned out that much. Also, I'm really not a fan of the 25 cent showers, especially when it's super hard to adjust the water temp to a comfortable level and the water pressure is terrible. The only free showers are the cold showers that people are supposed to use before they get in the pool, but guess how many people want up take a cold shower before they get in the pool?
As the other reviewer mentioned, they do have ants everywhere. Mosquitos were also a bummer here. I know it's a nature experience, so I won't really dock them for that.
Good things to say are the friendly desk workers when I checked in and the nice pool. They do have several activities, but a lot of them are very outdated, such as the mini golf and playground (which was seriously probably from the 80's).
No wifi here and no ATT service. My wife's Verizon worked pretty good.
We stayed here "free" through the thousand trails, trails collection pass. I've stayed at some Encore resorts before, and I can honestly say I was just expecting more than what we got.

AT&T 3G

“This place is a mess”

Reviewed Jun 10, 2018

This was one of the worst parks we’ve ever visited. Site was awful, full of ant hills, and not enough gravel (we started sinking on one side). Mary, who checked us in was wonderful, but whoever the gal in the office was all the other times, was extremely rude. Made us feel like it was a huge inconvenience for us to even walk into the office. Restrooms were filthy and full of bugs. 2 out of 3 showers (which you have to pay .$.25/5 mins) were broken and one that worked wasn’t hot. Horrible water pressure. So many annuals, it felt like we were in a run down trailer park. Some sites had knee high weeds. We will never return to this park, nor will we recommend it to anyone else.

about Arrowhead Resort Campground?

• swimming pool: onsite