Apple Hill Campground

Overview of Apple Hill Campground

Elevation 1,312 ft / 399 m

Q&A - Ask the Community about Apple Hill Campground

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Apple Hill Campground

Reviews of Apple Hill Campground 2 people have reviewed this location.

Last reported 7/21/2019
AT&T 3G
Last reported 7/13/2017
“Nice place for the price”

Reviewed 7/21/2019

Site Number: T8

Older campground, friendly staff with lots of older seasonal sites. We paid $35 for a full hook up and had no problems. Rest rooms could use some updating, the large one was clean, the smaller one not so much. The fire pits were full of ashes so maybe he only cleans it once a week and we were there on a Wednesday. For that price I would stay there again if I was in the area.

Bigmoo would stay here again

Thumb 26685715 10154987538071555 7062483198126339145 o
TigerNomad
Sun Valley, ID Provan Astro Tiger XL
“Campground Near Franconia Notch”

Reviewed 7/13/2017

Stayed one night at Apple Hill in July 2017. $17.50/night reflects the Passport America price, which is available on weekdays.

The owner of Apple Hill is kind and efficient, we arrived without a reservation and he had us registered and in our site within 5 minutes. The price, especially with Passport America, can't be beat for full hookups so close to the White Mountains and Franconia Notch.

The campground is open year round and there are a fair amount of seasonal rigs.

I really want to give this campground a higher rating because the owner was so nice, but there are a few things that make it difficult to do so. The sites themselves are ok - most are decently spaced and only took a little finagling to get level. The bathrooms lacked toilet paper and hadn't been cleaned in some time; I avoided the showers all together. The washer/dryer lives outside and looks like they've been through the wringer. The entire campground was rough around the edges.

There aren't any dog leash rules - no rules at all posted that I could see - and so dogs were roaming freely through my campsite. I love dogs, but my dog isn't social. I have come to rely on dogs being leashed in a campground so that my own leashed dog can spend a little time outside.

Quiet hours seemed to be enforced after 10:00PM, but before that the family a few campsites down were shooting off AirSoft rifles for hours into the woods and yelling loudly.

At the end of the day this is an inexpensively priced campground close to some beautiful places in New Hampshire and if I were in the area I'd consider staying again for one night (only) to dump, pick up water, and charge my batteries. If boondocking is an option for you check out nearby (free) Gale River Loop Road.

AT&T 3G

TigerNomad would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Apple Hill Campground!

Be the first to add a video for Apple Hill Campground!

Have you written a blog post about Apple Hill Campground?

• general store
  • restrooms: onsite
Discount Clubs
  • Escapees
  • Passport America

Gale River Loop Road

SO Beautiful! Cell service in some parts, zero in others.

- @no.e.t.a

Haystack Road

Nice and quiet

- Céline

Fransted Family Campground

Beautiful Park with a stream and lots of play areas

- suebob

Twin Mountain Motor Court and RV Park

In the heart of the White Mountain National Forest.

- Charlie & Jeanne