Apple Hill Campground

Thumb 26685715 10154987538071555 7062483198126339145 o
TigerNomad
Sun Valley, ID
Provan Astro Tiger XL

TigerNomad would stay here again

“Campground Near Franconia Notch”

Reviewed Jul 13, 2017

Stayed one night at Apple Hill in July 2017. $17.50/night reflects the Passport America price, which is available on weekdays.

The owner of Apple Hill is kind and efficient, we arrived without a reservation and he had us registered and in our site within 5 minutes. The price, especially with Passport America, can't be beat for full hookups so close to the White Mountains and Franconia Notch.

The campground is open year round and there are a fair amount of seasonal rigs.

I really want to give this campground a higher rating because the owner was so nice, but there are a few things that make it difficult to do so. The sites themselves are ok - most are decently spaced and only took a little finagling to get level. The bathrooms lacked toilet paper and hadn't been cleaned in some time; I avoided the showers all together. The washer/dryer lives outside and looks like they've been through the wringer. The entire campground was rough around the edges.

There aren't any dog leash rules - no rules at all posted that I could see - and so dogs were roaming freely through my campsite. I love dogs, but my dog isn't social. I have come to rely on dogs being leashed in a campground so that my own leashed dog can spend a little time outside.

Quiet hours seemed to be enforced after 10:00PM, but before that the family a few campsites down were shooting off AirSoft rifles for hours into the woods and yelling loudly.

At the end of the day this is an inexpensively priced campground close to some beautiful places in New Hampshire and if I were in the area I'd consider staying again for one night (only) to dump, pick up water, and charge my batteries. If boondocking is an option for you check out nearby (free) Gale River Loop Road.

AT&T 3G

about Apple Hill Campground?

• general store

Bethlehem, New Hampshire
Fransted family campground
Fransted Family Campground
Franconia, New Hampshire
Twin mountain motor court and rv park
Twin Mountain Motor Court and RV Park