Alvarado Campground

Pike & San Isabel National Forest

Schoolfield Road Westcliffe, CO 81252 719-269-8500 719-545-8737 Official Website

• Reviews (1)

Overview of Alvarado Campground

Reservations yes

Elevation 8,956 ft / 2,729 m

Max Stay 14

Max Length 35 ft

View Map

Supporter Subscription

Become a Campendium Supporter and enjoy ad-free browsing plus bonus features!

• Cell Coverage Maps
  • Public Land Overlays
  • Ad Free

Unlock Features

$20 Billed Annually

Q&A - Ask the Community about Alvarado Campground

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Alvarado Campground

Reviews of Alvarado Campground 1 person has reviewed this location.

Last reported 6/10/2020
Thumb cabf69b5 2cca 4abb 8450 38acc38ed2d2
Texasflood
CO 23' Catalina SBX Ford F-150
“Overall good place, will definitely go here again”

Reviewed 6/10/2020

We spent two nights here on June 5th and 6th. I reserved ahead of time as we wanted a double site so my son and his family could share the same site. The cost was double and no old fart discounts allowed on this site. $22 per night X2 =$44 for the double plus the ridiculous $8 on line reservation fee. Site 21 is approximately 40 ft long and will easily accommodate 2 trailers side by side however if there are multiple slides it won't work. There are also two large tent sites, two picnic tables and a fire pit between the tables. I didn't take pictures however there is a pretty good one on CampsitePhotos.com.
The campground itself was pretty crowded, but sites are far enough apart that it wasn't an issue for us. There was some music and loud talk initially but the campground went quiet promptly at 10, in fact I was concerned that my son and his friend might be disruptive with their conversation that continued into the night. We had strong winds, rain and hail on Saturday but drainage was sufficient to avoid any large puddles.
There are pit toilets and potable water available (no filling of campers). We didn't use the facilities but I suspect they leave something to be desired. We were in fairly close proximity to one and when the wind was right, the wind was "ripe".
Good to have cell service for the granddaughter. I couldn't have cared less although it was nice to be able to track the storms moving through and prepare camp accordingly.
We'll definitely go back here as it's only a couple of hours from home.

Texasflood would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Alvarado Campground!

Be the first to add a video for Alvarado Campground!

Have you written a blog post about Alvarado Campground?

• horse corral