AB Camping & RV Park

Pad Type: gravel

Thumb img 6960 8x6 wm small
WeGotSchooled

35 Converted School Bus

WeGotSchooled would stay here again

“Not bad for an Urban RV Park”

Reviewed Oct 04, 2017

We stayed here one night in mid-September while passing through Cheyenne on our way to Colorado. We arrived late in the day (6pm) without a reservation and had no trouble booking a FHU site for the night. I can't comment on the experiences of other reviewers, but the woman we met with at the office was personable and treated us just fine.

This is a typical urban RV park in that the sites are close together without much in the way of personal privacy. The grounds were clean and well maintained and all of our hook-ups worked just fine.

As this was just a brief overnight stay, we didn't make use of the on-site facilities. There is a laundry room, showers, fitness room, and a BBQ restaurant there. We did appreciate the small fenced-in dog run area as it gave our pup a chance to get some much needed playtime.

Thumb logosquare
Story is Our Way ...
Nashville, TN

Site Number: S25

Story is Our Way Home would stay here again

“Convenient and great BBQ. ”

Reviewed Sep 18, 2016

Level gravel site. Full hookups. Easy to access from I-80. They have two small fenced in areas for dogs. The highlight was the BBQ! Fantastic southern BBQ, sweet tea, and homemade pie available in the cafe. The nightly price was higher than what we usually pay, but comparable to other RV parks in Cheyenne.

2 reviews not included in the overall rating
The reviews below are not up to Campendium's standards for quality and reliability and therefore are not counted toward the overall star rating. Please see our FAQ page for more information.
“Very angry owner, dusty cg sited on noisy road, fictional wifi”

Reviewed Sep 14, 2017

It was easy to find the campground from I-25, but once we checked in, we had trouble locating our site based on the map they gave us. The owner's idea of offering help was to tell me I was stupid for not being able to figure it out. When I said his map did not reflect reality, he said I was wrong. I wasn't, but so what? The point is that this was hostility, not hospitality.

Even setting aside that encounter-- let's call it an unfortunate misunderstanding -- the place has significant deficits. Our site was short, even for a small travel trailer, and very uneven. There was a pothole next to the picnic table that we covered with a chair for fear we would step into it after dark and sprain or break an ankle. Though our site was about 50 yards from the office, but I couldn't even find the Wi-Fi signal unless I walked 25 yards closer to the office -- and at that point it was just one bar, a "poor" connection not worth bothering with. The adjacent road is noisy all night. The campground is gravel and very dusty. I will say that the restrooms were clean enough, the water pressure was good and there was plenty of hot water for a shower.

We had planned to stay two nights, but left after one. Even stupid people who can't read perfectly brilliantly rendered maps deserve some common courtesy.

Site Number: S 16

Reviewed May 27, 2017

Arrived at night, was told info would be posted on door....was not. So I parked in a empty site and plugged in for electricity. I had no codes to use restrooms, showers or wifi. Sites were so crowded I couldn't open my awning. I Paid 40.00 for this site, and was a very unsatisfied customer. When I spoke to the owner, she was rude and could care less. I would not recommend this campground to anyone

about AB Camping & RV Park?

• cable tv
  • wifi: free
  • propane
  • restaurant
Discount Clubs:
  • Good Sam
  • dog run

Hide a way mobile village
Hide-A-Way Mobile Village